Our February board meeting was, as usual, very productive. As it is the month before the end of our fiscal year, the budget for the following year is discussed along with grant proposals and ideas for new national projects.
This year the TOS board has decided to provide grants to
- The Golden Link College
- The Lakota Waldorf School
- The Native American Scholarship fund
- The Olcott Educational Society’s Women’s Vocational Training
- The TSA’s Education Department Prison Program
- The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
- Safe Haven for Cats
- Midwest Homeless Veterans Shelter
Money was also designated toward a refugee project. Efforts are being made to find one that is in sympathy with the principles of the TOS.
Two new board members Van Ly from the Houston Vietnamese Study Center and Peggy Heubel from the East Bay Lodge in Oakland California, were elected to the board. Rozi Ulichs, from the Washington DC lodge and Lloyd Standish from Costa Rica will be rolling off. Rozi will continue running our Animal Healing Network and participating in various projects as time permits.
We hope to have a photo of the new board in our next newsletter.